The Joy of having a Boy

Jeremiah makes me SO happy. I know I say this all the time but, he really does!!!
He is now waddling all around the house and picking things up and carrying them with him wherever he goes. I showed him that he could put things in a little purse that I had so that he could carry that around instead of an arm full of stuff. He loved that idea! But, soon it wasn't enough. He has now found one of my decorative baskets and fills it up to the brim. However, the basket gets too heavy for him to carry around. HA...so he just sits on the ground and stares at it perplexingly.
Jeremiah has also become quite the little climber. He pulls his bumbo seat off of a dining room chair and uses it to climb onto the chair and then uses the chair to climb onto the table. He has tried climbing on top of, into, and out of everything in our home. Yesterday, I heard him screaming and found him stuck in his toy bin. Apparently, he can climb in but can't climb out.
He loves pushing around a toy fire engine that I found him at the DI. The engine has a hole in it for legos but he fills it with everything he can think of and pushes it around. I think he found that this was easier than trying to carry a big basket full of toys. We also know that if there is anything missing in our house it's either in Jeremiah's toy bin or in his fire engine. In a single day I found: my keys, chris's measuring tape, a cup, a cell phone, one of our decorative monkey's from Africa and one of my necklaces inside of his fire engine.
This afternoon, after Chris's career fair, Jeremiah and I walked around and gathered candy from the baby admiring ladies at career booths. On our way home I gave him a sucker with a wrapper on it thinking that he would just play with it. Evidently, he gnawed on the sucker long enough to get the wrapper off. Since he was so clever we just let him have the sucker. :) Lucky Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment