Pumpkin Love

Every time I've taken Jeremiah to the store he has grabbed at and cried for the pumpkins outside. I always felt like I was in a hurry or didn't want to spend more time in the busy parking lot but, yesterday I decided to let him have a little fun. We sat outside the local Smith's store for about a half an hour so that Jeremiah could play with (pound on) the pumpkins before grocery shopping. When it was time to go into the store Jeremiah wasn't going to come without bringing a pumpkin with him. So, he happily sat in the cart with his pumpkin while I shopped for and bought the items I came for. As I put him in his car seat he threw a bit of a fit as usual but as soon as I set his little pumpkin down beside him he giggled and clapped his hands. I don't know what it is about his little pumpkin...maybe, he loves it because it's orange or because it makes a cool sound and feels funny but, more than likely he loves it because everyone else he sees has one. Since we've been home I think he's been without his pumpkin only to sleep. Today, I told him that he could only play with the pumpkin outside and I set it on the porch but, now he walks to the door and pounds on it every hour. Who knew that an .80¢ pumpkin would be more fun than a $20 truck?

Oh...if only pumpkins could be bought year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment