Cougar Spirit

The weather has been quite beautiful here in Provo. I've been taking Jeremiah on walks around the newly re-landscaped outskirts of campus. It's been so pleasant to watch all the students start moving in and feeling the growing excitement as school is about to begin. I love being on campus when its busy and full of students. Although, BYU can be demanding it is a place where the spirit can be felt and where lessons both spiritual and temporal are learned.

A major hot/exciting conversation topic in our home is BYU football. This year is BYU's first year as an independent team. The BYU football program is unique in it's design. It is unlike any other program in the world and it always has been. Players abide by the honor code and work towards achieving the missions of BYU; they are clean, good, and upstanding young men. At BYU we will never have the issues that so many collegiate programs are being investigated for taking part in. Some question whether or not going independent was a good move for BYU but, I believe that the decision will bring BYU's unique program more publicity, creating a greater opportunity to share The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Last night Chris, Jeremiah and I went to meet the team. The entire practice field was crowded with energized and enthralled fans. As we wondered around watching little kids get their pictures taken with the cheerleaders, the dads buying jerseys, and families waiting in long lines waiting to see their football heros we were overcome by excitement and anticipation for the upcoming season. While we were there we were able to see Jake Heaps, Ross Apo and Kyle Van Noy. They are great young men and I was so impressed with their congenial charm.

I asked a couple of my friends from the football team to tell me about what they love about BYU football. I will add my quotes from them as they send them to me.

"BYU Football....Its a way for us as players to play to our highest potential, and as we have success and are more exposed to the Nation because of that success, we can share the Gospel with others...I love BYU football because its taught me things like hard-work, dedication, commitment, setting priorities, and the list continues to grow..."
-Water Kahaiali'i #71

The Clarks will always bleed blue and most definitely be sporting our BYU blue attire. :) We can't wait for the upcoming season!!! GO COUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment